Next August 23rd, 2017, Leo and Rosemary will celebrate their 48th wedding anniversary. He has five children, nine grandchildren and one great grandchild. He was born in Quincy, MA in 1939 and lived in Yarmouth and Quincy where he attended the public school systems and graduated from Quincy Trade School as an auto mechanic in 1958. At that time he enlisted in the US Navy. After almost 3 years of training and upon being Honorably Discharged in 1962, he was recruited to work at IBM where he worked as a Customer Service Engineer (computer repairman) in the Boston office.
the next 13 years he was employed by seven other computer and
peripheral manufacturers which resulted in his achieving the position of
Senior Field Engineer for the Eastern U.S. with Wangco, Inc. in Los
Angeles. In 1975 he was motivated to try a career in sales and changed
his path to the financial services sector.
Between 1975 and 1990 he provided full-service financial and estate planning services to middle and upper income professionals and individuals. He became a Registered Representative and Stock Broker with IDS Financial Services, subsequently known as American Express Financial Advisors and known today as Ameriprise. In June of 1984 he earned his Certified Financial Planner credentials from the College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado. In 1985 he and his co-founding CPA partner formed Professional Financial Planning, Inc. and became Registered Investment Advisors with the Securities and Exchange Commission. He was one of the 11 charter members of the American Express Financial Advisors "Gold Team" when it was founded in 1986. He was elected by his peers as one of five Gold Team advisors to the president of American Express Financial Services, Inc. During this period he also founded a real estate limited partnership, an automotive parts wholesale distributor and retailer, and a Caribbean based third party administrator for medical services.
In 1990 he co-founded Lifenet Inc. and worked in the development of Internet applications for the Life Insurance and Financial Services sectors of our economy. In 2001 he became interested in Real Estate. In 2003 he associated with Seaview Real Estate in Mashpee, MA where he has been applying his skills in the sales and Internet areas. In 2007 the company was reorganized as a Corporation under new ownership and he is currently involved in the operation and management of the business as it undergoes changes brought on by technology in the marketing and financial sectors of our economy.
Leo's Community Activities Have Included:
- President of the Lunenburg, MA Rotary Club.
- President of the Fitchburg, MA Junior Chamber of Commerce.
- President of the Board of Directors of the North Central Alcoholism Commission in Worcester County, MA.
1985 he organized and coordinated the largest air show ever held at the
Fitchburg, MA airport with the active participation of the Leominster
and Fitchburg Rotary clubs and DPW's, the Local and MA State Police and
various US Army and Air Force Reserve units. As a result, substantial
contributions were made to local and world wide Rotary Club charities.
- Chairman of the Fitchburg & Leominster, MA Easter Seal Society campaign in 1986.
- President of the Montachusett (northern Worcester county) Estate Planning Council.
- President of the Greater Boston Society of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners.
- President of
the Boston Chapter of the International Association for Financial
Planning, a 600+ member organization made up mostly of Attorneys,
Accountants, Trust Officers, Estate Planners and Investment Advisors.
at Northeastern University in Boston, MA where he taught the Certified
Financial Planner curriculum as an Adjunct Faculty Member of the College
for Financial Planning.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors
- Member of the Massachusetts Association of Realtors
- Member of the Cape Cod and Islands Association of Realtors (CCIAOR)
- Member of the Cape Cod and Islands Multiple Listing Service (CCIMLS)
- Member of the CCIMLS Task Force
- Chairman of the CCIAOR/CCIMLS Public Relations Committee
- Member of the Otis Civilian Advisory Council (OCAC) and Chairman of the Military Awards Committee.
Leo is a U.S. Navy veteran and his interests and recreational activities include:
- Flying airplanes
- Riding motorcycles
- U.S. Military
- Playing with his computers
- Developing Internet and computer applications for the Real Estate sector