Leo’s & Rosemary
On August 23rd, 2017 Leo and his wife Rosemary will celebrate their 48th wedding anniversary. They live in East Falmouth, MA. He has five children, nine grandchildren and one great grandchild. He was born in Quincy, MA in 1939 and lived in Yarmouth and Quincy, MA where he attended the public school system and graduated from Quincy HS in 1958 after which he enlisted in the USN. Upon being Honorably Discharged from the Navy in 1962, he was recruited to work at IBM where he worked as a Customer Service Engineer (computer repairman) in Boston. Subsequent employment with other computer companies over the next 13 years resulted in his achieving the position of Senior Field Engineer for the Eastern U.S. with Wangco, Inc. in Los Angeles. In 1975 he was motivated to try a career in sales and changed his path to the financial services sector.
Between 1975 and 1990 he provided full-service financial and estate planning services to middle and upper income professionals and individuals. He became a Registered Representative with IDS Financial Services, subsequently known as American Express Financial Advisors and known today as Ameriprise. In June of 1984 he received his certificate as a Certified Financial Planner from the College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado. He was one of the 11 charter members of the American Express Financial Advisors "Gold Team" when it was founded in 1986. He was elected by his peers to be one of five advisors to the president of American Express Financial Services, Inc.
In 1990 he co-founded Lifenet Inc. and worked in the development of Internet applications for Life Insurance and Financial Services sectors of our economy. In 2001 he became interested in Real Estate. In 2003 he became associated with Seaview Real Estate in Mashpee, MA where he has been applying his skills in the sales and Internet areas. In 2007 the company was reorganized as a Corporation under new ownership and he is currently involved in the operation and management of the business as it undergoes changes brought on by shifts in the marketing and financial sectors of our economy.
Leo's Community Activities Include:
• President of the Montachusett Estate Planning Council
• President of the Greater Boston Society of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners,
• President-elect of the Boston Chapter of the International Association for Financial Planning, a 600+ member organization made up mostly of Attorneys, Accountants, Trust Officers, Estate Planners and Investment Advisors.
• Lecturer at Northeastern University in Boston, MA where he taught the Certified Financial Planner curriculum as an Adjunct Faculty Member of the College for Financial Planning.
• President of the Lunenburg, MA Rotary Club,
• President of the Fitchburg, MA Junior Chamber of Commerce
• President of the Board of Directors of the North Central Alcoholism Commission in Leominster, MA.
• Chairman of the Fitchburg/Leominster Easter Seal Society campaign in 1986
• In 1985 he organized and coordinated the largest air show ever held at the Fitchburg, MA airport with the active participation of the Leominster and Fitchburg Rotary clubs. As a result, a substantial amount of funds were raised for local Rotary Club charities.
Leo is a U.S. Navy veteran and his interests and recreational activities include:
• Flying airplanes
• Riding motorcycles
• Playing with his computers
• Developing Internet applications for the Real Estate and Financial Services and Insurance sectors of our economy